Fly Fusion Forums

Kotv Round #4 Poll

bulltrout

KOTV Round #4  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Realistic Material-Based Challenge

• Pattern #1
    • Pattern #2

well, this is it boys and girls...the last poll you have to see until the fall...it's been an awesome year and i want to thank everyone who has voted, participated, and contributed comments throughout the course of the winter...now we get to focus on the fishing of these patterns...so without further ado, the final round of the 2008 King Of The Vise...voting for this round should be based on the requirements set forth : use of the two materials (which both did), realism (which both did), and creativity (which both did)...so have fun trying to choose a winner between these two... :)

Pattern #1

realistic-salmonfly.jpg

Pattern #2

hopper.jpg

I've read that to be called a fly, you have to be able to tie a line to it. I can't see an eye on that hopper. Luckily, the same article said an attennae can be considered a place you can tie a line to. You'd loose it on the first cast, but it would be a fly.

Nice flies, Guys.

I've read that to be called a fly, you have to be able to tie a line to it.

It's there, it's just well disguised as a nose type thing.

Stellar job on the flies peps. It was a hard choice to choose one.

I've read that to be called a fly, you have to be able to tie a line to it. I can't see an eye on that hopper. Luckily, the same article said an attennae can be considered a place you can tie a line to. You'd loose it on the first cast, but it would be a fly.

Nice flies, Guys.

I can see it

Great job on both :D