Fly Fusion Forums

"no Country For Old Men"

Saw this movie on the weekend; thought it was awesome. So, that's what it's like down in Texas? No wonder Rickr left!

The movie's full of great performances, including an all-time great bad guy played by Javier Bardem. Some great action

& graphic violence, but the best part of the movie for me was the dialogue- perfectly written, perfectly delivered by a

phenomenal cast. I even found myself laughing more than I would have expected, given what I'd read about the movie

before seeing it. Not quite sure what to make of the ending, & I think that applied to everyone in the theater; & that

may be exactly what the film-makers were going for. Very interested to know what y'all thought of this flick- but don't

give away the ending, for the benefit of those who may want to go see it.

Saw this movie on the weekend; thought it was awesome. So, that's what it's like down in Texas? No wonder Rickr left!

The movie's full of great performances, including an all-time great bad guy played by Javier Bardem. Some great action

& graphic violence, but the best part of the movie for me was the dialogue- perfectly written, perfectly delivered by a

phenomenal cast. I even found myself laughing more than I would have expected, given what I'd read about the movie

before seeing it. Not quite sure what to make of the ending, & I think that applied to everyone in the theater; & that

may be exactly what the film-makers were going for. Very interested to know what y'all thought of this flick- but don't

give away the ending, for the benefit of those who may want to go see it.

GREAT movie! I think that if you read a few of Cormac McCarthy's books you'll understand why he ended the story the way that he did. He's definitely not your happy hollywood ending sort of guy. I think that he wants you to be a little unsure and uncomfortable with the ending. It kind of forces you to go back over the story and think about it a little more.

GREAT movie! I think that if you read a few of Cormac McCarthy's books you'll understand why he ended the story the way that he did. He's definitely not your happy hollywood ending sort of guy. I think that he wants you to be a little unsure and uncomfortable with the ending. It kind of forces you to go back over the story and think about it a little more.

Yeah, we get kinda used to having our endings all tied up with a nice bow on 'em, don't we?

Never read any of McCarthy's books, but I will. Any in particular that you'd recommend?

Thanks,

Steve

BTW, breaking "GENERAL CHAT" into "Fishing Related" & "NFR" is a good move; nice work, admin!