Fly Fusion Forums

Vision Reels - Satisfied Customers?

Anyone on here have Vision brand reels in their arsenal? Going to pickup a new 5wt reel and spare spool for use on still water and larger streams and the Vision XLV 5/6 is on my short list along with the Lamson Guru. However, finding it difficult to locate any magazine reviews on the reel as it seems to be a European brand. 

Open to other recommendations as well, appreciate any responses. Cheers and enjoy your Easter weekends!

Have never fished the Vision brand reels, although I have seen them for sale online at Togens Fly shop. Lamson makes good products without question. You also might look at Islander Reels, have owned several and they are excellent plus Canadian Made. Hardy also makes some great reels along with Loop.

@Komp - Vision is a Finnish brand. I have been their customer for a few decades. Their design, product quality & price ratio has been good. I do not own an XLV, but I have been using their other reels. Except the cheapest (Deep), I would buy again. I rarely need to fight a fish long on the reel, though. Here on this side of the pond, they come straight to the net. (or not :)) So, my experience, you get what you pay for. YMMV.