Fly Fusion Forums

Stolen Catalytic Converter

jnovlan

Just a heads up that yesterday (Sept. 18, 2022) a catalytic converter was stolen from a truck at the Ogden Boat Launch-- sometime between 9:30am and 1pm. The cost to repair it and replace O2 sensors is between $1600 and $1700.  Kind of puts a damper on an otherwise great float on the Bow. Also makes a person very nervous about using this or possibly all boat launches in the future. But-- what are the alternatives?

If anyone was in the area and noticed suspicious activity-- or has dash cameral footage of same-- could you please PM me.

I am wondering just how prevalent this type of theft has been at boat launches and other roadside pull offs. Is this a somewhat isolated case, or is it a larger problem than I had thought and needs to be addressed?

Thanks.

My wife's Honda CRV had the CC cut off it one night while parked under a streetlight in front of our house (at -32 degrees must have been cold getting under there). We replaced it (at a cost of $1600) and parked the CRV in the back of the house to hide it. A few nights later, they cut the new one off too. We replaced it with straight pipe this time.