Fly Fusion Forums

wet wadding boots

finally wore out my redingtons. need recommendations on wet wading boots similar to the simms intruder as far as fit goes. i find that my simm guide boots are way to sloopy even with neoprene socks.  Have tried smaller sizes in the guide boots and still to sloppy.

thnks in advance ray 

• Like 1

Simms flyweight are an awesome all around boot! I wear them with neoprene socks for wet wading and with my waders, so much that I very rarely ever put on my G3s. If it's very cold and/or fast current I'll put on G3s for safety. The Flyweight are like a comfortable hiking boot, well worth the money and have stood up to a fair amount of wear and tear. 

Just a quick comment on the flyweights, I had the previous version and was not impressed with the durability. I put a lot of kilometers on them (10+ per fishing trip), found them reasonably comfortable and grippy, but had significant tears in the vibram after 3 months. Sent them back and was told it was normal wear and tear. If you average lower kilometers than me, they are great. Also, perhaps the new version is better.

Thnks curdit. Was just about to pull the trigger and get a pair. I've used boots with super sticky soles and they wear out way to fast for my liking.  Just used a whole tube of AQuaseal SR on my redingtons and hopefully they'll  to get me thru the season.   

Thnks all Ray

I have the new flyweights and they are fantastic. Like someone mentioned above, they have pretty much become my all around wading boot and my heavy G3s have been parked on the bench. Cannot comment on sole durability (have been using for 3 months) but they feel very secure on rocks, etc. with no studs.