Fly Fusion Forums

Best Fly Fishing Apps (2021)

Technology has changed our world and it continues to do so. Fish finders and cameras, logging GPS points of your favorite fishing hole on the lake, all the upgrades regarding fly fishing gear, and everything else has made fishing easier and more enjoyable.  

Fly fishing apps are the cool new way for anglers to share their stories with others, log your catches so you can always know what your PB (personal best) is, find the best fishing holes, know what hooks to use, check out the latest fishing reports, weather conditions and more.  

• 2 weeks later...

I have used the Angler's Atlas MyCatch app since retiring. It is useful to me, I get a catch log with average catch rates, ie: xx fish per hour, all the species I have logged and their percentages. I log my locations too. An added incentive is that the site claims they share weather (if you record) and catch data with fisheries professionals. I look at it as a great substitute for traditional creel reports, which seem to have become a thing of the past. In my personal opinion the Province should have been way ahead of the curve on this and implemented something like this themselves. They could not police it, but if they offered some kind of incentive for participating, then perhaps citizen data gathering would contribute something useful for us all.