Fly Fusion Forums

Thank you Doc

in a day and age when in Canada and the west is been actively attacked by communist marxists to wipe out our history.  its nice to see this blast from the past.

I've been tying for about 35 years always on a vice myself.

• Like 1

Your good handle was mentioned: Silver Doctor, and your cousin too, Black Doctor. I love those old names, and the multi-coloured salmon flies are pleasing to the eye. I have fished a tributary to the Tweed, the Whiteadder, (wit-adder), on an estate in the Berwick area. It is a lovely area and river, much less wild than our eastern slopes of Alberta. I find, as I age myself, a sense of history and connection to it from these old films. 
   The gentleman seated in the wooden boat held in place by another gent flashbacked to my first ever Modern era float on the Blue Ribbon section of the Bow. Our guide stepped over the side to hold the Hyde in place while my more accomplished and experienced friend cast to rising trout, one of many special moments of the day. Simple and effective, a lifetime has passed since it was filmed. 

• Like 1

One of my earliest memories was my Dad taking me fishing on rivers like the Humber, Niagara, Restigouche among others for salmon. It was tiny fish cabins with pot bellied wood stoves crowded with old guys, Bamboo fly rods everywhere and silk lines drying in the rafters. Whiskery, damp wool, cigar smoke and laughter was a heady experience for a young kid taking it all in. 

• Like 1