Fly Fusion Forums

Leaky and stinky

flyfishy

Was doing a little September Fishing yes my dry pants leak and they stink any tips on finding the leaks I’m getting the stink out ?  Mostly finding the pinhole leaks been dry waiting most of the summer and now I have wet leg and foot,  leaking pinholes any tips on finding them little buggers. 

*tips on sealant, was using aqua seal can’t find it anywhere any other product that someone used would be appreciative.

Turn the waders inside out. Then, go to a dark room like your bathroom and shine a flashlight from inside the legs of the waders. You will see all of the holes, instantly. Use a black marker to draw a small circle around any holes. Apply sealant to the inside of the waders. If the socks leak they will need to be replaced.

• Like 3

I've had success sealing leaks/small tears in the neoprene using the flexible Solarez (green) UV cure resin, so long as they were perfectly dry. Soft enough for inside and out. 

Also, I was able to use a bit of moisture in the bootie to glue up a delaminated seam using Gorilla Glue. This glue dries hard, however, so some parts of the foot might get rubbed. 

On 9/17/2020 at 7:45 PM, toolman said:

Turn the waders inside out. Then go to a dark room like your bathroom. Then shine a flashlight from inside the legs of the waders. You will see all of the holes instantly. Use a black marker to draw a small circle around any holes. Apply sealant to the inside of the waders. If the socks leak they will need to be replaced.

Tried your tip that’s some cool stuff, sharpies at least 40 holes patched them up with Loctite LePage *hit didn’t work.    
  that is going to be on my Christmas list new breathable waders with neoprene bootees hate to start, a new topic but any tips on buying new waders? Lol

Tried a few methods of finding leaks, the flashlight was the best. But it seems once they start going it accelerates. After repairing my old Simms last year over and over I got tired of wet feet. Did get 5 years out of them. Have had 3 pairs of Simms, good waders but getting rather pricey for the name. Needed a new pair this spring and darn happy with my new Redingtons Sonic-Pro's. Time will tell but they have been great.