Fly Fusion Forums

Waterproof Video Camera Suggestions?

I need a waterproof vid camera that can zoom in from across a river on a rising fish. Need 4k quality and the ability to put it on a stand. No digital zoom, must be optical. Looking to make some high quality videos. I want to try to capture things like some rising fish slurping bugs (zoomed right in on it) or wildlife like bears , sheep etc seen from a distance also! I also want not be afraid to cross the river with it in a pack, or be worried about rainy days. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!!

My bro-in-law just bought a Panasonic Lumix dmc fz300, which he likes a lot. 4k video, 25-600 mm optical zoom, lots of bells and whistles, weather sealed (splash-proof, not an underwater camera, but I don't think you can get extreme optical zoom in a fully water-proof camera). Looks a lot more practical than my Pentax dsrl with 55-300mm, which is a pretty rugged unit, but a bit too heavy to hang from a neck strap for extended periods.