Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing opening

It appears like both Sask. and BC are easing the fishing access restrictions so I would expect Alberta to follow suit.

The question is how to formulate some well understood rules to lessen contacts between anglers. 
 A couple of things that might be considered:

1) origin of the Angler as some areas of Alberta have infection rates much higher than others. Calgary infection rate is much higher that Edmonton or Central Alberta may mean Calgarians maybe limited to certain areas or banned till infection rate decreases. 

2) boat vs bank or pier fishing. In Pontoon boats it is easy to maintain distance. Not so easy for others.

3) various fishing accesses are controlled by various govts, municipalities, private clubs, ACA which will lead surely to a raft of restrictions of which many will be different. Signage will be necessary   to Inform anglers, 

4) it would seem that some jobs may increase infection or chances of infection. Are those persons to be treated different.

Lots  of things to be considered, 

Whart  I expect to happen is to have Govt drop to lowest standards possible so all persons can be captured within the rules. This is generally the case on nearly all Govt Regulations. 

regards,

Don

It is and will be a matter of enforcement and education. I don’t expect any level of government to allocate limited resources to enforcement. Educational signage as required and as much social media/electronic advisories & information, e.g. Prov. Website, ACA, TU,  et al will do a lot but ultimately it will be self enforcement by individual anglers that will make the most sense. Hopefully we anglers can do that better than anyone else without needing “adult supervision”