Fly Fusion Forums

2020 Regulation Error?

Has anyone noticed that the regs now say the lower Sheep River opens Sept 1 instead of June 16th?

Unless they made a change to the Sheep, the regulations seemingly forgot the June 16-Sep 1 part of the table. Typically sept 1-Oct 31 have different regulations to allow for whitefish retention only. I contacted the appropriate person at AEP, and they don't have a clue how to read the regs. They told me to follow the general ES1 regulations for all Rivers in ES1, even if they are listed in the tables below, which is completely incorrect but after 4 emails I have given up trying to convince them otherwise.

Doesn’t it mean???

You follow General regs June 16 - Aug 31

Then you follow the special regulations listed. Sept 1 - Oct 31 (5 whitefish) 

The listed special regulation deviates from the general river regulation of 0 whitefish Sept 1 - Oct 31. 

Uberfly, I think you are missing something.

Regs say you can ONLY fish Sept1-Oct 31 below Gorge Creek......Thus TARGETING STAGING bulls at that time.

There appears to be NO FISHING June 16-Sept1 (when the bulls are NOT STAGING).

Regs left out the OPEN June16-Sept1  box

5 hours ago, jasonvilly said:

Doesn’t it mean???

You follow General regs June 16 - Aug 31

Then you follow the special regulations listed. Sept 1 - Oct 31 (5 whitefish) 

The listed special regulation deviates from the general river regulation of 0 whitefish Sept 1 - Oct 31. 

The regulations  state you follow the regs listed for the waterbody in question if they are in the chart, so since sheep is listed as open sept 1, that’s the regs you would follow. If the waterbody isn’t listed than you follow the general ES1 regulations. They forgot the June 16 box as Monger mentioned for the lower sheep. They had it in the 2019 version