Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing Educational Course

Folks,

The Hunter Training guys have put together a real good educational program c/w an exam and certificate.
AND ITS FREE!!!!!!! Not sure how that happened but my hat off to those that made this possible. 

It took me about 3 hours to do the program and answer the questions. 

This type of program has been requested by many individuals and fishing groups for many years. Clear evidence exists many anglers do not do fish identification well making species management all but impossible. 

https://319.yssecure.com/cart_builde...roductID=60179
Hint, look to the right side and click FREE. 

Have fun,

Don

• Like 3

It should be required for all anglers irrespective of age or presumed experience levels. 
it could be lodged on line and require a passing grade to fish. 
There could be a nominal charge or even none, however the course would include evidence of passing that you must carry to fish in Alberta. There should be no “by” for anyone.

Don

• Like 3

Yup. A hunting requires that you be able to identify critters. Fisherman need to know f a   .

Make the course compulsory. No course no permit. Simple.
Caught without = a MEANINGFUL fine and ban for one year. Costa day ban increases exponentially for further infractions. 1 2 4 8 16 etc. 

On 3/31/2020 at 4:20 PM, BrianR said:

Logging in..They sure ask,some very delicate identity questions.For a free test..Not for me,this test...I do agree with the need for new fisher's,to be able to identify fish.Fishing ediquitte.etc.

Brian,

how about we all do it. I suspect based on nothing more than the lousy success rate of FF types IDing fish species for Quirk Creek experiment we all need a tune up.

Don

• Like 1