Fly Fusion Forums

Is the con virus the cure?

Me and the boys were discussing this issue today and I pointed out that most of us sitting there are old and old people cost lots.

So, we get thinned out and the money squirrelled away by us floods the market and the economy booms, the health care system gets rid of all the high spenders. 
As a side note, the old guys will disappear from all you fishing spots. 
A win- win -win all around. 

Hows that for a cheerful Mid-Feb. thought.

Don

As I look at it we didn't get to be this age by accident. We were able to outfox, outsmart and outlive those things that destroyed others. So, don’t screw with us because we know how to survive. We’re too wise, too tenacious and too loved to be pried off this earthly plane as yet.

• Like 4

Interesting discussion...I was thinking that maybe this virus may be nature's way of helping to mitigate our impact on the environment and climate by reducing the population. Between 1918-1920 the Spanish flu infected almost 500 million of a world population of 2 billion ( 25%) with estimated 30-40 million of those dying. So we now have over 7 billion population and while we obviously have progressed in areas of medicine and hygiene we also have much more inter country/continent travel than in the early 1900s.  I too have recently crossed the 60 age bridge and am trying to worry about less things and enjoy more of life's simple pleasures. However I do wonder about the impact of the virus should it become pandemic, to my children and their future children as well as the current rate of the mankind  influenced climate decay of our planet for the future of our humanity. Now that is a shack nasty of the highest order. Let's get back to our happy place standing in a stream trying to fool trout.

SK

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Holy firecrackers Debbie Downers,

The actual Influenza FLU killed over 51,000 people last year around the world. Was there a panic?

Turn off that stupid device, go walk the routes, stare at those awesome Springtime holes, remember why you clean your wading boots and gear and stuff....

Shake someone's hand, open a door and forget the media.

-M.

• Like 2