Fly Fusion Forums

This forum is so depressing

I’m sorry but this is all just painful. I myself have contributed to the doom and gloom, but someone for the love of god post something positive. 
This forum is about something we all love and posting our edgy opinions isn’t solving anything, it’s just creating segregation.  

Did I beat ya? 70 days (71 coming up).

Went out for mail this morning as I forgot yesterday, 5:30 and it wasn't light yet. Snow crunching under my heels Cold which is a negative but the snow was sparkling with heavy frost like diamonds.  More beautiful than any jewelry store and provided free by mother nature. A few Bunnies white and poised for nervous flight, stared at me with that twitching look. Sometimes its the tiny things that drift in and out of your life that matter the most.

• Like 4

I’ve had my share of valet-parking experiences on some SW streams this past year, but not everywhere is overrun by bobber-chucking dog-faced pony soldiers.

A thirty minute drive from Calgary and a 2 km hike can still buy you a priceless day on the water. Back in September I was five minutes into watching the feeding pattern of a couple of large cutthroat when I realized that I was being watched by a large grey wolf. He was polite enough to saunter off into the forest once I made eye contact. I don’t even remember whether I caught any fish that day, but will never forget the moment.
  • Like 4

A similar story to rudedawg, this afternoon near Sue Higgins. The water is reaaaaally low in some places so the wading was easy. Two-hand casting was going very well, nice calm loops with some strangely accurate reach cast placement!?

I was casting into the bubble line, nymphing away, when all the hair went up on my neck...my line went slowly away from me, then quickly back across with a small amount of tension. As the fish came back towards me, I saw that it was a sleepy brown, who seemed to pause as I laid eyes on his silver/gold side. My first fish of 2020! 

One quick but laboured twitch and he was off...and I didn't mind, because the 4 deer behind me watched this fish too, from about 20m away. :catch: :D 

-M.