Fly Fusion Forums

Excessive air exposure for picture taking causing mortality study

monger

YEARS AGO THERE WAS A SLOGAN.i THINK IT CAME FROM "  BUCK FOR WILDLIFE"    LIMIT YOUR CATCH,INSTEAD OF CATCHING YOUR LIMIT....PERHAPS THIS MIGHT WORK WITH PICTURE TAKING.YOU DON'T NEED A PICTURE OF EVERY FISH    THANKS MONGER

Preaching to the choir.  But if you're out with a new person; ask them if they want to run until they're out of breath and then stick their head under water for over a minute while somebody is maybe pelting them with rocks (beaching a fish).

People I've taken under my wing, who have been mostly using hardware for their life, are horrifying to watch.  Sometimes involves a lot of coaching (yelling) on my part when it starts.  My granddaughter got a good start, mind you it helped that initially she was reluctant to handle her own fish.

20 minutes ago, snuffy said:

112s is ridiculous. It has to be a pretty special fish to warrant a shot at all and even then, you keep it in the net, lift it and get it away. It shouldn't take more than 10.

I watched a well known guide/"celebrity angler" a few years ago spend 6 minutes photographing a fish. We pulled over and counted...

• Like 1