Fly Fusion Forums

Drift boat wreck at police

On 7/8/2019 at 1:54 PM, cgyguy said:

I was down today watching the Fire Department try to recover the boat. Unfortunately it did not go well as the boat ended up sinking after them getting it off the rocks. The boat floated down past the island and the fire department were still working on the recovery when i left. Don't know how to download the video but do have lots of pics and video on the efforts of the recovery Glad everyone got out safe which is the most important thing.

Geez Ralph, you are everywhere. Lol

• Like 1

Have also seen guys go over the weir. Not a good outcome. I saved another guy in a dead jet boat from going over years ago. We were the last 2 boats on the water. Lucky for him, I was still around. Things can go wrong in a second even for experienced boaters. Stay safe Guys and Gals.

• Like 3

On 7/13/2019 at 12:22 AM, fishinglibin said:

Have also seen guys go over the weir. Not a good outcome.  Things can go wrong in a second even for experienced boaters. 

agreed, i swamped my drifter a few years back going over the weir, a lesser boat would have been lost.  The Harvey Passage should be left for kayaks.

• Like 1