Fly Fusion Forums

River flow info for certain periods

Hey fly junkies.

I'm wondering how to look up flow data from specific time frames.

I know I can find the real time flow info on http://rivers.alberta.ca but I'm looking to compare the data to previous years and stuff. Also to try and figure out if certain streams have peaked or are yet to peak. Things like that. I'd assumed it was on the same site but I can't seem to figure it out. I may have gone blind to it.

Just trying to plan trips to some fishable water close by. I know there's no guarantees but I like the data anyway.

Any insights?

Go to the alberta river basins website, click on the stream in question. You can choose weekly or monthly graphs or the data table. Select data table - download the data via csv (excel).

Should be easy to compare exact days to previous years but if you want to analyze the data in weekly incremental then I would recommend doing a =week() function on the date column and then you can run =averageif() or =index(,match(,,)) function to aggregate it in an excel table.

Hope this helps.