Fly Fusion Forums

Late Afternoon Shuttles?

Anyone have a secret shuttle service I've not heard of? 

I use Mel Franklin pretty exclusively, but they're not really into the late afternoon/evening game,  which I get, given the nature of the job and the retiree - type nature of shuttle driving.

• Like 1

What float you thinking of? Buddy and I are just going to uber if using 22 or police. It's also ~$20 from 22 to Glenmore, and ~30ish for police to 22, or Police to glen. vs the 55 of a shuttle

obv. wont work out of town, and do lose the nicety of having your truck at the far end (can always shuttle to start the day though). Guy that sits with boat can always get the boat setup and do a bit of fishing while it's shuttled

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bcubed said:

What float you thinking of? Buddy and I are just going to uber if using 22 or police. It's also ~$20 from 22 to Glenmore, and ~30ish for police to 22, or Police to glen. vs the 55 of a shuttle

obv. wont work out of town, and do lose the nicety of having your truck at the far end (can always shuttle to start the day though). Guy that sits with boat can always get the boat setup and do a bit of fishing while it's shuttled

Would be likely 22X - Police in the evenings.  Had considered the Uber option,  but time is usually the biggest factor involved,  the added time of +/- 1 hour to self shuttle is generally not an option.  

On 6/20/2019 at 1:58 PM, bcubed said:

Have you talked to Mel lately? Word on the street is his son is taking it over, so he may be more amenable..?

He is.  They're transitioning it sounds like.  The issue doesn't seem to be whether or not they're willing to do it, but whether or not they can find willing drivers for later in the day.

• Like 1