Fly Fusion Forums

Marvel Lake

Thanks for the info, sad to see it closed for good though. Monger, I get my parks license at The Fishin Hole every year.  I'm not sure if anybody else in Calgary carries them.  It boggles my mind that you still can't buy them online though.

• Like 1

Let me chime on this.. A number of lakes in Banff National Park were closed in the summer of 2017 because of Whirling disease and the need to study whether the trout in these lakes have whirling or not. Fine I get that. However what I don't get is why Parks won't tell us anything on where they are at with studying the lakes or where they are headed in terms  for the future. I have sent numerous requests for information but have received no responses. I guess it will requiring going to the top.  My historical information also conflicts with Parks view on Marvel lake as I believe cutthroat were not native to the lake but parks now says they were.  And then there is the issue with Birds and the transmittal of whirling...

36 minutes ago, McLeod said:

Let me chime on this.. A number of lakes in Banff National Park were closed in the summer of 2017 because of Whirling disease and the need to study whether the trout in these lakes have whirling or not. Fine I get that. However what I don't get is why Parks won't tell us anything on where they are at with studying the lakes or where they are headed in terms  for the future. I have sent numerous requests for information but have received no responses. I guess it will requiring going to the top.  My historical information also conflicts with Parks view on Marvel lake as I believe cutthroat were not native to the lake but parks now says they were.  And then there is the issue with Birds and the transmittal of whirling...

And don’t forget that the long range plan is to end all fishing in the mountain parks. Every year they seem to chip away. More lakes closed. More areas closed to ALL human access. 

Writing is on the wall. Just gotta look for it.