Fly Fusion Forums

MS Fishing Auction 2019

I'm going to run the auction a bit differently this year. The main auction is on a page I set up on Facebook here. I will update the status on this thread, and you can still bid on this thread, but I can't guarantee if you bid here late in the auction I will see it. If you like the page on FB, you should see any changes. All that said:

Item #1: Bow River Float Trip donated by Hanson's Outfitters. Every year Hanson's donates this trip and every year the winner gets treated to a hell of a day. Last winners were a father and son who had one of the best fishing days of their life with big Bow River trout after big Bow River trout. Dates to be mutually agreed by both parties. 

Auction Item #2: 2 days of chasing big rainbows and brook trout on Maligne Lake near Jasper! Trip dates are from ice off (looking like 1st week of June) to the 2nd week of July (excluding June 16 and 17 and 20-27). This trip is hosted by a local fisherman who excels at catching fish at Maligne. Each day will start at 7 AM. I auctioned this trip a few times now, and the winners have always been thrilled! See the first post on this thread for a link to the facebook page or place your bid on this thread. Auction will close Wednesday, May 15 at 8 PM

Auction Item #3: A float trip on the Red Deer River (skwalla hatch!) or on the Bow with sanky. I have had the pleasure of fishing with Tony in the past, and cannot recommend him enough. The winner can pick between the options of chasing big browns during the skwalla hatch or a float on the Bow. The winner of this trip will need to have his own equipment and provide his own lunch. (If you don't have gear, let me know and I can outfit you). Tony is not a guide, he is just providing his time to host the trip!

The Brown trout in my profile picture was from a trip with Tony. Skwallas on the red deer is a must on the bucket list. I still haven't caught a bigger brown ive caught longer but nothing near its mass. This fish was working 100 yards of river just slurping skwallas Tony figured out the feeding pattern and guided me right into this fish. Truly a day ill never forget. Not to mention me getting busted off 0x twice that day and landing 6 other browns over 20". It was an epic day. 

• Like 1

Last 2!

Item #4: Custom Built 4 pc 8' 4 Wt Fly Rod donated by my friend Pat. RainShadow Rx6 blank with warranty card. REC recoil guides, REC Box Elder Burl Reel Seat, pictures below, reel NOT included! Just shown for effect. From Pat: Moderate action for dry fly, but I’ve chucked small streamers too. Deep Blue in colour. Orange, silver and black accent wraps. Rod is unfished, but test cast obviously, so mint cond. As a personal note, I've fished one of Pat's rods for years, it was my go to stillwater rod. He also built a rod for an old boss of ours several years ago and he says he will fish it forever. The winner will love this rod!! Auction ends Wednesday, May 22 at 8 PM

Auction 5: A 3 Day Backcountry Fishing Trip donated and hosted by Rick Reeves. Past winners include Chris Brandt, Dan Loeb, Chris Ellis, Steve Maloney, Wesley Radstaak, and Darrin Hurst. Any of them can tell you about this trip, though none of them will tell you where it is other than in BC. Expect great fishing for big, but complicated cutthroat trout in a perfect little river. Some years there can be bully action as well, but typically they are in full on spawn mode, so we just watch them. One word of warning-this area was hit very hard by the forest fires a couple of years ago. It didn't seem to affect the fishing, but it did affect the landscape. A lot. Anyway, I provide my trailer, I can sleep a couple of extra people in it. If more, we would need another trailer or tent. I'll pick the menu and do all the cooking, and I'll bring a bunch of extra beer. The dates are a little flexible, but the best time to go is the week after labor day. If you don't like to fish, drink (not totally necessary), eat really good food, and laugh this is probably not for you! Auction ends Wednesday May 22 at 8 PM.

Thanks to Fly Fusion and all the members here for the continued support of my yearly auction. It was a bit limited this year as a new job is keeping me hopping, but the items donated were high quality (to say the least) and we were able to raise almost $1600! See you all next year!