Fly Fusion Forums

Tired of DFP

Sorry guys.

when I search unread content about all I see is whole bunch of blogs from pacres.

i don’t give a damn about anybodies blog and having to scroll past them all is a pita.

How do I select to ignore ALL of these so they never show up. 

• Like 2

On 1/3/2019 at 8:58 AM, angler said:

Sorry guys.

when I search unread content about all I see is whole bunch of blogs from pacres.

i don’t give a damn about anybodies blog and having to scroll past them all is a pita.

How do I select to ignore ALL of these so they never show up. 

I did find a solution angler; the best thing to do is to go to the blog feed itself and then there is an option to click "mark forum as read". Then it asks to confirm, and you say yes. Then click your unread content again, nothing from the blog should show up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SilverDoctor said:

The volume of redirection posts to a certain Bloghas been huge. I will take steps to limit it as its getting to be like spam. See my rules post in Blog.

Thank you, but I see a new one AFTER you posted the ‘rules’. 

Spam is exactly what it is. Unsolicited and unwelcome advertising

IF he was an advertiser, maybe, but still way too many to not be irritating. 

7 hours ago, bcubed said:

I’m pretty positive it’s an automatic post that Darren setup when he was still a moderator here..

Undoubtedly I suspect that's entirely correct. Nevertheless, it needs to be modified. But, on the other hand, I did find the alternative solution, so less bothersome now...

On 1/4/2019 at 11:36 AM, Smitty said:

I did find a solution angler; the best thing to do is to go to the blog feed itself and then there is an option to click "mark forum as read". Then it asks to confirm, and you say yes. Then click your unread content again, nothing from the blog should show up.

Yeah... Didn't work for me.. Sorry Darren, I have to block you!

9 hours ago, bcubed said:

I agree, it takes over the feed. Not that there is a whole heck of a lot going on in this forum anymore.. seems like a lot of the effort has moved over to a few FB groups/pages. Seems pretty typical on most forums these days

Yeah, I agree with this as well. Maybe forums have peaked. 

Have to say, when this forum was at its peak it was very good. Sure, there some issues, personality conflicts etc - what online platform / forum doesn't? - but overall, this was one of the best forums going for info / chat / talk. 

Anyways, I digress. Carry on...

Maybe a dumb question. But how do guests get on here without having to register or sign in? If i click to online users theres usually two or three "guests" on here. 

5 hours ago, bcubed said:

I think my favorite part, is now we have a Guest posting them..i suspect its deeper then just the user being banned.

Yeah seems he’s found a way around the rules

hey moderators, maybe only registered users can past angling with a link to elsewhere. 

Take a look at pacres history. He has NEVER posted ANYTHING except links to his blog.