Fly Fusion Forums

2019 Excitement Building

Jayhad

Are you branching out in 2019?

With so many of us pounding the same waters I'm already out scouting new water for 2019.  I'm pretty excited about the possibilities, new water with the likelihood of dirty rainbows being seen around 0%.

Are you scratching to get out and see some new fish?

• Like 2

On 12/31/2018 at 5:22 PM, 1961flyman said:

I must be old..

I do not get this bashing of Dirty Rainbows..

Hopefully it is all in Jest..

Rather a Rainbow than just about any other..

Spend a lifetime in BC listening to those mouth breathers talking about how the rainbow is the end all be all, this lake we have 3N Dips, this lake we have Pennask 2N Trips, blah, blah, blah.  If you've caught one of those garbage fish you've caught them all.  No 2 browns look alike, rainbows though everyone is the same and not one is taking you to a pot of gold, Browns own the gold, all of it.

On 12/30/2018 at 1:52 PM, fishinglibin said:

After rehabbing 2 torn knees and a bad hip, I quite slacked off the fishing for last couple of years. Very much looking fwd to getting out more this summer. Will be doing a lot more walk and wades on the regular water and looking for nice smaller water too. 

Hey Paul,

Look me up this spring or summer and we can take the Hyde out for some fish runs. Love to hook you up to some fishes!

Happy New Year!

• Like 1

I have spent 45 years Fly Fishing in BC for your so called Garbage Fish.

BC Is Light Years ahead of Alberta in the Management of The Fish and Experience .

Jayhad, I think you have a very narrow view of the Bigger Picture..

In my experience all Trout are a Precious Resource and should be respected.

And I can Guarantee you, I have caught more Trophy Brown Trout than you in my 50+ Years of Fly Fishing The Bow River..

Go Enjoy your vision of Gold and allow others the same respect.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1961flyman said:

BC Is Light Years ahead of Alberta in the Management of The Fish and Experience .

And I can Guarantee you, I have caught more Trophy Brown Trout than you in my 50+ Years of Fly Fishing The Bow River..

Jayhad just rose and hooked his first riser for 2019.  Now if he had the same skill playing and releasing them.

Don

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, cgyguy said:

Hey Paul,

Look me up this spring or summer and we can take the Hyde out for some fish runs. Love to hook you up to some fishes!

Happy New Year!

I will look forward to it Ralph. Besides, I also would like to learn how to row a Hyde. Happy New Year Bud.

2 hours ago, monger said:

Mr Jayhad your single-mindedness is causing division. I hope you find a 30"+er on your adventures in the coming year. I am looking for another one too. I agree the gold fish are sure nice to look at.

3t5uyM4.jpg

Monger, You post more lunkers than anyone. Great pics. Happy 2019.

19 hours ago, 1961flyman said:

If you have spent so much time (45 years) in BC chasing Bryan Chan's babies how could you possibly fish another 50 years on the Bow,   Oh I know your full of Rainbows.

You are being ridiculous to make the statement I guarantee caught more "trophy browns" than you, I'd never make that statement to you as I don't know.... I have a fairly good idea but don't know.  

What about the 20 years I spent in BC chasing rainbows? I guarantee I caught more than you... I fish harder and longer. haha

What's really a shame is you speak about allowing other the same respect, but you come in to the conversation with a mouth full of marbles, swinging your stick around,  trying to be heard like an entitled millennial, just to spout nonsense that your special fish are offended by my words.  

Not once understanding as most here understand this is just jokes...... did you notice the 3' rainbow in my avatar.... i bonked it

Plus reference to your time on the Bow doesn't impress me, that water is for tourists and those that don't know 

18 hours ago, DonAndersen said:

Jayhad just rose and hooked his first riser for 2019.  Now if he had the same skill playing and releasing them.

Don

Don,

You are mistaken, I don't fish dries, that's too easy.... Typically I'm casting triple articulated streamers with treble trailers off of the bow of my jet in water inches wider than the beam

16 hours ago, monger said:

Mr Jayhad your single-mindedness is causing division. I hope you find a 30"+er on your adventures in the coming year. I am looking for another one too. I agree the gold fish are sure nice to look at.

3t5uyM4.jpg

Monger 30" bruins, been there done that, don't sell yourself short 2019 is the year of the 3 footer  hahahaha

1 minute ago, monger said:

Well I guess I need new goals. I may have spy on where you are getting all these yard stick troots

Dude, I just locked down a new beat, less than 10 minutes from home.  Troots galore

just got to figure out where I live hahaha