Fly Fusion Forums

Anchor rope for drift boat

go to calgary climbing centre and see if they have any old ropes they want to sell, that's what i did with my old boat. They have to retire ropes after a certain amount of time on the wall, but they still have more then enough life for what you need.   Way cheaper then a new rope (think i got mine for $20), plus more then adequate for what you need.

• Like 1

On 2018-08-02 at 3:39 PM, ghus32 said:

Did you end up fixing your twisting issue. That is the reason I am looking for new rope. I calls clackacraft and they recommended buying a zigco anchor pulley, which I may try

The Zigco is killer.  Bought one on the Missouri last fall due to heavy weed in the water, couldn't reliably raise or lower anchor (I run a double line).  Depending how your anchor bracket is set up, some swivels are hard to mount properly.  Have had zero issues with the Zigco, it works slick as hell.

http://www.zigcollc.com/pulley/

If you run a double line, having the swivel on the anchor/pulley end is more ideal for moving water (looks like the previous pic was a jon boat in a lake?).  I looked at the MEC swivels, and realized that the extra connections to mate up to the pulley I had put the achor in the water enough when hauled up to be a pain in the ass.