Fly Fusion Forums

Be careful when grazing!

Folks,

Last  Saturday a friend and I headed to the Coleman for needed supplies. We got replenished and headed to the Crow heading down to below the Highway #3 bridge. Damn but things were good, not only some decent fish but saskatoons everywhere and there is nothing better than saskatoons. So I went grazing working my way upstream. I wasn't grazing quite as fast as my friend who fished. Looking up,I realized he was 200 yards ahead of me. So I hurried, tripping over some bent branches, falling face first into some wood. One piece Impaled me into the palm of my hand. Tough looking at a 1/2" wood stick in your palm. 

So off to the hospital for an inspection and three stitches. Luckily, it was my right hand, not my casting hand. So all week, it was bandages and nitle gloves. Looked weird but I was still fishing. 

Oh, the fishing was OK. Camping great!

So be careful out there. Sometimes nature gets ya'.

Don

• Like 2

As one who has some experience in falling, might I offer some suggestions:

1. Unless death, or amputation at a minimum, is imminent, hospitals are for when the fishing day is over (amputation is only acceptable if its' the casting hand or arm)

2. Nothing looks as bad ass as when each cast sprays blood on the water (actual experience with that one)

3. Anyone who thinks there is nothing better than saskatoons has never been blackberry picking in Louisiana. Not a debate here. Just fact.

• Like 1