Fly Fusion Forums

South Boat Launches

Mac is being reassessed for open May 1 but from what i'm hearing its not likely to be opened up that soon due to the road in.

Jensen's is messed as well, you could get in there in a four by but boat/trailer unlikely and i'm sure no shuttle service would get down there.

Caresland is also out due to flooding in the area, fields etc. again road issues. I've heard that there was even a few houses in the area that had to be evacuated at some point in the last week?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, bowriverboys said:

Talked to Mel at bow river shuttles. Fish Creek is open. 

Great news...

Hopefully  Mac opens up for the 1st or shortly after. Next weekend I have three days off work and nothing better then 3 Consecutive day floats to McKinnon... :) 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, angelamc said:

Mac is being reassessed for open May 1 but from what i'm hearing its not likely to be opened up that soon due to the road in.

Jensen's is messed as well, you could get in there in a four by but boat/trailer unlikely and i'm sure no shuttle service would get down there.

Caresland is also out due to flooding in the area, fields etc. again road issues. I've heard that there was even a few houses in the area that had to be evacuated at some point in the last week?

Thanks for the update Ang. So for now, it’s Fish to Police. Unless we can get in at Glenmore?

3 hours ago, Birdo said:

The blocks at glenmore are there just to keep people driving up and down the river. Can only launch boat and get your vehicle to the parking area. Should see vehicles lined up and down the shore!

Roger that, saw boats launched Saturday. Many boats on the riv, the Annual Inaugural Parade of Clackas and Hydes.....

Saw 4-5 on the Glenmore-Fish stretch at almost 3 pm, up high, just getting started.     

McKINNON'S FLATS CLOSURE

Update April 30, 2018:

Due to road conditions, the end date for the "Site Access Restrictions to McKinnon's Flats" has been extended for an additional week. Please find attached the updated location maps and the revised date highlighted in yellow below. The site access will officially be open to vehicle traffic on May 7th, 2018.

Rocky View County

• Like 1

Bron i cant remember what year it was maybe the flood year they did some grading to the road and added a bunch of rock. The road is actually the best it has ever been. I pulled out of there on some very wet days and the road was fine. I dont think it got rutted out at all last year. Compared to years before they added the gravel. Years before i can remember doing a controlled slide down the hill into the corners then backing up maneuvering the corner and sliding to the next ........ so much fun.

On 4/30/2018 at 5:39 PM, fishteck said:

McKINNON'S FLATS CLOSURE

Update April 30, 2018:

Due to road conditions, the end date for the "Site Access Restrictions to McKinnon's Flats" has been extended for an additional week. Please find attached the updated location maps and the revised date highlighted in yellow below. The site access will officially be open to vehicle traffic on May 7th, 2018.

Rocky View County

cgyguy,  Ralph, this was on a recent post, so McK is open. Can only think of Mel for shuttle for now. Have a great day. Paul

Policemen flats...

Is that a 2nd boat ramp  that was added? If so has anyone used it as a Put in or take out yet. Even tho the rocks has been taken out, it’s still a little tricky take out at end of float due to fast running current.