Fly Fusion Forums

Hi All

My name is Mike and as is clear from my User name am from Wales ( currently living in Thailand )

I am a trout fishing addict having had trips this year to Chile Patagonia, New Zealand ( done about 10 times ) Tasmania and most recently Montana.

Will be coming to Southern Alberta , for 3 weeks arriving mid July and will base myself in Calgary.

Two reasons for posting. Firstly obviously I seek as much advice on the Fly fishing in that area, but also to assist any other members who may be going to any of the areas I mentioned where I could hand over maps, books and usual booklets picked up along the way. Also I should add Uk and Ireland both of which I have fished extensively.

I know how difficult, and expensive it is to get info, thus my offer.

Got the Jim MClennan book, it was how I got the forum site.

Cannot wait for July

Tight lines

Welshmike

Welcome to the forum Mike.  July is the perfect time to visit our area.  All of the Mountain streams are open for fishing by then as well as the Bow river that runs right through the middle of our city.  When you get closer to your trip, contact me and perhaps I can show you some nice water.

Murray.

6 hours ago, bigbowtrout said:

Welcome to the forum.  Feel free to PM for any details of the local area. Good to have another Taff on the site. (Parents are from the Port Talbot area)

Hi Mate

From Gorseinon ( Swansea ) originally. Now live in Thailand. Will contact you near the and perhaps we can meet up for a few drinks.

Mike

• Like 1

Hi WelshMike, 

We've been having some problems with invasive species (whirling disease etc.) so just  a friendly reminder to thoroughly dis-infect your gear before coming over and then again when you leave (you don't want to bring anything back home either). Have fun and enjoy. 

Adams

• Like 2

On 10/11/2017 at 8:45 AM, bigbowtrout said:

Welcome to the forum.  Feel free to PM for any details of the local area. Good to have another Taff on the site. (Parents are from the Port Talbot area)

Hi

Gorseinon, between Swansea and Llanelli. Thanks for the welcome. We have got them surrounded.

Mike

• Like 1

17 hours ago, adams said:

Hi WelshMike, 

We've been having some problems with invasive species (whirling disease etc.) so just  a friendly reminder to thoroughly dis-infect your gear before coming over and then again when you leave (you don't want to bring anything back home either). Have fun and enjoy. 

Adams

Hi Mate

Go to NZ 3 times a year so very aware of the need for cleaning your gear. Dydimo is ruining some of the finest rivers in NZ.

Problem is that we do that but the boats go from waterway to waterway, and of course waterfowl carry it around with them. However that is no reason for us to be lax.

Thanks Mate

Mike