Fly Fusion Forums

Hike-In Cutties

TroutPanther

Looks awesome! Those are some great photos. Looking at them though, my lungs hurt ;) I've still not recovered from my wife dragging my arse up Turtle Mountain this past weekend. Bad thing about it was there wasn't even a lake at the top... I clearly have to plan my hiking destinations more carefully.

• Like 1

Know both well though haven't been to the first in over 10 years and the 2nd one we were in there 5 or so years ago. Both are great but the 2nd sees way less people (hence the size of the fish!!)!!

Thanks for sharing. Great photos!

Cheers,

P

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Great pics! Great lakes! How's the rock snot in the "vince"? Haven't been there for a few years. There was hardly any didymo way back when they stocked Goldens; but from '05 to '11 it grew a lot. It looks like you went higher up the ridge than you needed to; were you checking out the vision quest rock circles?

Hey treeplanter -

the rock snot was not too bad - quite a bit of it in the deep bay in the SE of the lake and along the east shore, but otherwise not much. The fish didn't seem to mind. Neither of us had ever been to the lake, and it was nice hoofing it up that wide open ridge with the views after scaling that damn mountain. Had no idea there were vision circles to check out. We did notice a trail further back down the ridge heading towards the lake, but we decided to press on to that faint goat trail you can see in the pic so we wouldn't lose as much elevation and have to make it up again. Mistake. Made for a pretty nasty descent in some chunky scree/unstable boulders. Unfortunately no goldens left (not that we were expecting any).