Fly Fusion Forums

Any Se Texans On Here

If anyone on here is from SE Texas, shoot me a PM. I have created a flood relief site (it was specifically for Texas City, but could be used for assistance in nearby communities) and if you have family or friends who need help I might be able to point you in the right direction.

• Like 2

Here is a bit of an update:

So far, our relief fund to aid folks from my high school who sustained flood damage is at $5500.00, not a bad start. I wanted to give a list of damage to fellow alumni we have compiled so far, and we know it is far from complete. Keep in mind that many of these people may not have had flood insurance. Funds raised here will go directly to help these people recover. The faster we can help the better as mold in Texas happens fast! While we are trying to help with cleanup, (along with a lot of other groups who excel at this task) our goal is longer term than that. We want to assist in the recovery over the next several months. Please consider donating to the link at the bottom of this post, and thanks to everyone for reading/
Needs: Shelter/Temporary residence and repair work
Damage: 6-8 inches of water throughout entire 3600+ sq ft one story home + 3 car garage and yard shed
Currently: Temporary, with family/friends
Details: "I have 3 dogs (1 Great Dane) and 2 cats. We are hoping to find an RV or travel trailer to stay onsite while dry out and repairs are underway."
Needs: General assistance and repair work
Damage: Flooded with 16+ " of water. All flooring and sheetrock 4' down destroyed. Most all trim and possibly kitchen cabinets destroyed. Waiting on FEMA report.
Currently: With his daughter
Details: Help packing assorted items. Demo flooring, trim, and sheetrock when time comes.
Needs: Demo, clean-up/mold remediation
Damage: "Yes, 9in of water within our home."
Currently: Temporary, with family/friends
Details: "We have demo-ed what we can, but we need help with getting the tile, fire place, bathtub and toilets out of the house.
Needs: Repair work, cleaning supplies
Damage: Yes 15 inches in house 23 inches in garage
Currently: Temporary, hotel/motel
Details: "Need contractor to do rebuild"
Needs: "Financial"
Damage: "My first floor had water damage and car was totaled. Kitchen, living room, master bedroom and bath, closet."
Currently: In residence
Needs: Repair work
Damage: "Yes. Flooring in living room had water come in from driving rain. Had to pull up laminate and baseboards. Mantel is swollen at bottom from water. Back door also had water come in. No damage to tile but yes to door jam and baseboards."
This is the youcaring fund we have set up. Basically we have gone from 0 to incorporating our non profit and setting up a fundraising site in a very short period of time.

https://www.youcaring.com/tchsalumni-942651

• Like 1