Fly Fusion Forums

Dusk Or Dawn ?

Hey everyone I just spent a lovely evening fishing with a camp over and a lovely morning fishing on one of my favourite central Alberta brown trout streams. Had some great action both in the evening and again the next morning. I think it may have been a bit better in the morning. I was just wondering everyone's thoughts and preferences on evening verses morning trout fishing. What do you prefer? Does it depend on the stream or which species you are targeting or even which method you are going to use eg. dry's or nymph's or even streamers. Here is a link to the video we shot of our little one night excursion .... Enjoy !!! Let me know your thoughts on the vid and whether your a Dusker or a Dawner

Cheers
Diddy

• Like 2

I like dawn. I like heat of the day. I like dusk. On some creeks this time of year I like the middle of the night. Depends on the creek, depends on the time of year, depends on the hatches, depends on the ambient temperatures and my motivation levels :)

• Like 3