Fly Fusion Forums

Youtube Issues Since Change To Fly Fusion Forums...

Ok there is obviously an issue for me when people post Youtube videos... I cannot see them?! Anyone have a work around (running safari version 9.1.3 and this started to happen when the website was changed to Fly Fusion Forums)?

Peter

Thank Marc

I can see the on my iPhone...

Any idea which plug in?

P

Peter, I just opened the "No nymphers allowed" thread in Safari 10.1 and I can see the Youtube video. I think you might have a setting or plug-in that's preventing you from seeing it.

Thank Marc I can see the on my iPhone... Any idea which plug in? P

Not sure which specific extension it might be, but there are some security extensions that can disable embedded videos. If you didn't install any extensions like that then that's not it. Also guessing that if you actually go to Youtube you can watch videos no problem?

I'd start by deleting any Youtube cookies from Safari. Maybe clear your cache as well. Those are pretty much my first two steps in fixing any browser issues and they work 99% of the time especially when it's something that used to work and suddenly stopped. If those don't work another good one to try is the first aid thing from the disk utility. Should be a repair permissions option. Actually, do that anyways. It's unreal how many broken things that can fix on a Mac and even help resolve a few random errors or slowdowns.

Thanks guys for all your suggestions.

I'm striking out on all accounts!!

I'll dump some photos and try to update!

P

try open private window in safari (file > new private window. this mode set safari in a clean state) and check if the video shows up. if not, you might want to reinstall/update safari.