Fly Fusion Forums

Cheers Dave

Guest guito

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rocknbugs
Wendel was great. He is the only thing about the Leafs I've ever had respect for. Maybe if he still played there would be some justification for having them on TV all the time. ;)

Word!!!

Wendel was great. He is the only thing about the Leafs I've ever had respect for. Maybe if he still played there would be some justification for having them on TV all the time. ;)

you mean you don't like watching the leafs? i thought everybody in canada loved the leafs. aren't they 'canadas team'?

go leafs go!

you mean you don't like watching the leafs? i thought everybody in canada loved the leafs. aren't they 'canadas team'?

go leafs go!

I like it best when the playoffs are on (they happen after the regular season to determine the league champion - the Leafs don't usually take part) and the old farts on CBC keep talking about the Leafs, even though they've been on the golf course for over a month. That's my favorite. <_<

the only thing getting me thru the poor play of the Flames is watching the gong shows out of edmonton and toronto. everytime I think calgary cant play any worse as a group I just watch TSN highlites from a leafs or oilers game and I dont feel so bad.

the only thing getting me thru the poor play of the Flames is watching the gong shows out of edmonton and toronto. everytime I think calgary cant play any worse as a group I just watch TSN highlites from a leafs or oilers game and I dont feel so bad.

You do realise that the Oilers and flames have the same number of wins, with Calgary only two points ahead of Edmonton thanks to 2 otl's? They would have moved ahead of the flames last night if they had showed up to play 60 minutes of hockey...

they got outshot 42 to 13 against the avs and only got in the game when colorado started to coast. playing "60" minutes is the least of edmontons problems. The oilers are where they should be with the talent challenged group they have. The flames on the other hand have a lineup that is capable of playing much better. I will not dispute their early play has left them in a hole but we have seen calgarys worst whereas the oilers are just getting warmed up. you are a devoted fan snake but well see where the two teams are after 60 games. while the flames may have been overated at the beginning of the year by the so called experts ( many picked a calgary /ottowa final) they have the talent to get in the post season and then anything can happen.the oilers ontheother hand are likely 2-3 years away from post season play ( assuming lowe doesnt trade coglianno and gagner for more Penners)

The oilers are where they should be with the talent challenged group they have. The flames on the other hand have a lineup that is capable of playing much better. I will not dispute their early play has left them in a hole but we have seen calgarys worst whereas the oilers are just getting warmed up.

I guess were still seeing Calgary's worst, and you're right, the Oilers are just getting warmed up. :lol: How about them Ducks?

• 2 weeks later...
I guess were still seeing Calgary's worst, and you're right, the Oilers are just getting warmed up. :lol: How about them Ducks?

Just thought i would see what your take is on the current situation in the west. the oilers would be 10 games under 500 without shootout/4-4OT. That would place them dead last. the ducks traded away a great young player for a washed up exoiler and will continue to struggle . Niedemeyer is kidding himself if he figures he can waltz in half way thru the year and the flames are ripping teams up on the road. Luongless canucks are easy pickens and Minny is a two man show. Flames will finish top 4 in the conference and will be a load to handle in the playoffs.

Just thought i would see what your take is on the current situation in the west. the oilers would be 10 games under 500 without shootout/4-4OT. That would place them dead last. the ducks traded away a great young player for a washed up exoiler and will continue to struggle . Niedemeyer is kidding himself if he figures he can waltz in half way thru the year and the flames are ripping teams up on the road. Luongless canucks are easy pickens and Minny is a two man show. Flames will finish top 4 in the conference and will be a load to handle in the playoffs.

The Oilers are playing very good fundmentally sound hockey. To say that the Oilers would be 10 games under 500 isn't accurate as the shootout is part of the new NHL and they seem to be using it to there advantage!! If the Leafs would have won a couple shoot outs last year they would have made the playoffs. The Ducks did trade away a good player in Macdonald but they feel that Defence wins cups and will reley on Getzlof and Perry to do the scoring. ( in his 1st game Niedemeyer was 2nd star last night)

I think the flames are winning on the road but can't be happy with their goals against. Kipper is struggling and it seems only one line is scoring. I think the flames will only go as far as kipper will take them and if he doesn't start to be the old Kipper then the flames will have a short run in the playoffs. I think that teams will be able to shut down Calgary's top line somewhat and Vancouver, Anahiem, and San Jose can do that as they have big strong d-men that play good defensively. I think that Edmonton has a good 1-2 punch in goal while the others if their main goalie goes down then their goaltending is suspect. I don't really like Minny but they play the trap better than anyone and Gaborik can win games on his own. Detroit is the best team in my opinion as they have depth in goal and 2 strong scoring lines and possibly the best checking line in the league.

I think the Flames will only go as far as Kipper takes them. They need to find a second scoring line and need to play more discipline. If Kipper picks up his play and they find some secondary scoring then they have as good a chance as anyone. I have never liked Keenan as a coach, he picks favorites and plays to many head games with his players. Why is Owen Nolan playing so much and Tanguay sitting this baffles me.

Guito

Edmonton is in good shape, and can only get better when their captain gets back. The return of Pisani and Souray has been a boost, and they are just now getting back to the line-up that they planned on having all year, and did surprisingly well during that couple months of injuries. At this point they can only get better. If they start winning divisional games in regulation they will make it to the post-season.

Guest bigbadbrent

thats like saying, if the puck goes in the net, they will score..

Kipper played well the first two games of the trip, then the rest has been the team saving his ass by scoring 5 to 9 times

I'm with you vhawk, that game was just awesome. Same with the Detroit game the other night. When they're playing like that it's easy to understand why they are Don Cherry's favourite team to watch. Who doesn't love watching a young, fast team as they grow into a real contender. They are loaded with young talent, and with the good possibility of a new owner and arena, the future of the Oilers franchise looks very bright. And how about Horcoff, on pace for 35+ goals. He looks like a real bargain now.

thats like saying, if the puck goes in the net, they will score..

Kipper played well the first two games of the trip, then the rest has been the team saving his ass by scoring 5 to 9 times

bigbadbrent..... what exactly are you refering to with this statement (thats like saying, if the puck goes in the net, they will score)

Yes Kipper played better the first 2 games but still not the way he needs to be a contender....scoring 5 to 9 times isn't the way to win the cup unless your the Oilers in the Gretzky era with Fuhr in goal. The game isn't the same as it was back then. Do you honestly think the way Kipper is playing the flames can compete for the cup. My opinion is Kipper really has to step up his game for the flames to go anywhere in the playoffs.

Guito

I think the game *is* the way is was back then. A lot closer to it than we've seen for a long time anyways. Offence wins cups now. Coupled with "decent" goaltending and some good quality D men... look what Carolina and Anahiem did? don't tell me they got to the cup winning 1-0 games... it just wasn't so..

I do agree that Kipper needs to step up... but right now the team is stepping up.. which is good to see. If Kipper gets on his game, they will be litterally invincible. ;)