Fly Fusion Forums

The Future Of Ohv Use In Alberta

The Oldman Watershed Council was kind enough to give me some blog space to share my thoughts on the future of OHV use in our province. The ideas aren't new, I've shared many of them in this space before.

http://oldmanwatershed.ca/blog-posts/2017/2/15/hot-potato-ohvs

Be sure you fill out the Castle Draft Management Plan survey. It sounds as though it has had poor uptake so far (less than 2,000 response - most negative). Don't miss out on this opportunity to have your voice heard.

• Like 3

First, it is hard for me to believe that there have only been <2000 responses to the Castle survey (#incredulous #incensed) There should be almost that many from FFC doing the darn thing!

#5 & #6 points times a thousand.... the key is enforcement... without that, AEP may as well walk away from the Castle. This isn't just a southern Alberta issue; zero tolerance for OHV anywhere in the province in our waterways, and increased patrols of high OHV use areas needs to continue/be upped. I do like the proposition of association run trails; nothing quite so effective as a group monitoring their own. Works well in little ole Nova Scotia (some would say arguably), where my father-in-law is an enthusiast and part of ATVANS.

• Like 1

First, it is hard for me to believe that there have only been <2000 responses to the Castle survey (#incredulous #incensed) There should be almost that many from FFC doing the darn thing!

Yup, everyone on here should be filling this out as I can assure you every OHV group out there is giving their feedback. It really doesn't take that long...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks, that is a well written survey and the management plan is looking really good to me. I appreciate the opportunity.

Don't get me started on OHV users. I've had to fight for the last 4 years just to keep my own land free of lawbreakers. Most worthwhile fight I've ever undertaken.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
The Oldman Watershed Council was kind enough to give me some blog space to share my thoughts on the future of OHV use in our province. The ideas aren't new, I've shared many of them in this space before.

http://oldmanwatershed.ca/blog-posts/2017/2/15/hot-potato-ohvs

Be sure you fill out the Castle Draft Management Plan survey. It sounds as though it has had poor uptake so far (less than 2,000 response - most negative). Don't miss out on this opportunity to have your voice heard.

Jordan,

You gotta figure out by now anything the NPD does gets shunned by the good people of Alberta.

ALBERTA PROUD

DON