Fly Fusion Forums

Pisces Pet Emporium

I was wandering through the store recently, looking for supplies for my pooch, and I happened to swing by the koi pond and I heard a staff member giving a presentation to about 20 people who were there. She was explaining how long koi live and how big they get and she wound up by saying something to the effect of "...and that is why it is very important that if you can't care for your fish anymore you should bring them back to the store where you bought them rather than release them in to the wild where they can become an invasive species". And then she went further and discussed storm water ponds and how they connect to the river. The way she talked about the issue made me feel like it was more than just a boiler plate disclaimer, she really understood the issue and really seemed passionate about it. I think it really says something about the business when front line staff display that kind of corporate social responsibility.

The also have a collapsible pond net that looks like it's going to be fantastic for catching insect samples next year... lol.

• Like 4

Did you follow-up with the staff member or management at all? Seems that might be that is worth sharing with them for some positive feedback!

I was wandering through the store recently, looking for supplies for my pooch, and I happened to swing by the koi pond and I heard a staff member giving a presentation to about 20 people who were there. She was explaining how long koi live and how big they get and she wound up by saying something to the effect of "...and that is why it is very important that if you can't care for your fish anymore you should bring them back to the store where you bought them rather than release them in to the wild where they can become an invasive species". And then she went further and discussed storm water ponds and how they connect to the river. The way she talked about the issue made me feel like it was more than just a boiler plate disclaimer, she really understood the issue and really seemed passionate about it. I think it really says something about the business when front line staff display that kind of corporate social responsibility.

The also have a collapsible pond net that looks like it's going to be fantastic for catching insect samples next year... lol.

• Like 1