Fly Fusion Forums

Brush For Cleaning The Drift Boat

EveretteD

With all of this whirling disease craziness. What would someone suggest using to clean the boat? The grim that gets on there from various bodies of water can be difficult to remove. The brush they have a the carwash just doesn't cut it. Any suggestions before I head out for the weekend.

Thanks

Clean it more often. I wash it after every trip with my garden hose & sponge, no brush. The film & whatever will be easier to keep clean & less maintenance & aside from keeping the boat clean from disease, I also paid a lot of money for my boat & want it to stay looking like new.

Clean it more often. I wash it after every trip with my garden hose & sponge, no brush. The film & whatever will be easier to keep clean & less maintenance & aside from keeping the boat clean from disease, I also paid a lot of money for my boat & want it to stay looking like new.

I do wash it often. Usually use a sponge but even then it requires a lot of elbow grease to get it off. I don't want to use anything to abrasive but something that will make the white look more white again.

Thanks. The only and i guess larger issue is that I've moved into a condo... So I don't have a garden hose available.

Id say vim, but as j found out recently we're not allowed to use soap where it can get into the storm water system.

Guess you could bring it to the carwash.

I currently don't have a choice but to take it to the carwash. So that could work.

I also wonder about CLR? Environmentally friendly (so they say).

Well my first suggestion is carry a sponge or shammy and clean the scum off your boat before you pull away from the launch. Only takes a minute and keeps your boat looking nice.

So I've found that if I use a product called FW1 marine formula high performance cleaning wax that I don't get that scum build up on the sides of my boat quite as bad from the bow

Other than that am the same as everyone else high pressure hose and a good brush for the floor.

Never ceases to amaze me how much mud and crap my friends drag into the boat. Myself i spend 3 hours cleaning my boat am washing each foot off before stepping into my boat I`m trying to teach my fishing buddy's that trick.

• 2 weeks later...

All these comments are admirable, but is it really possible to COMPLETELY clean a drift boat? Too many concealed areas on the floor of most drift boats. Cosmetic cleaning to protect the fishery just won't stop the encroachment of whirling disease. Of cause every bit helps!!