Fly Fusion Forums

Gear Fishing On A Drift Boat

bigfry

Anyone have experience with this? couple of my buddies and I are determined to throw rapalas for an entire float to see how many tanks we actually can connect to.

plan is to use 5 of diamonds and rapalas CD-5's and pound the banks. i assume its the same as streamer fishing except for noobs ha ha.

any advice would be appreciated

It'll clean up. One of the funnier days I had guiding was with two gents who brought their gear rods as 'just in case the fly fishing sucks'. Think they put two casts out before they reeled in and fished little jigs all day. Cleaned house.. I'd skip the 5 of diamonds for something more streamer/jiggy like a rapala

Be prepped to clean weeds all day long with it though, and dont fish trebles, definitely not needed

Illegal procedure 🙂 But we have used rapalas in rainbow trout and rainbow trout with purple in it and 5 of diamonds with the kids.I read some guy haveing good luck with those live target lures.if you need a new fly fishing friend I'm available and they can keep there gear chucken butts on shore lol.