Fly Fusion Forums

Korker Boot Bow Out

my corkers are way worse than those. not only did the boots separate from the sole , but the hiking and felt treds both broke within a year of use. I dont have treds on my boots. They basically just cover the end of my waders!

I blew out two pairs of Korkers and had both warrantied with no issue. After I blew out the first pair I chose to upgrade and paid the difference and blew the 2nd pair out in maybe two dozen day trips. I was less than impressed so I phoned the warranty guy and this time they sent me the Devils Canyons and they have been good however the BOA wire did go on me this year. I was able to fix the BOA with my pike fishing tyger wire thats been sitting in my pack for a few years. I have been satisfied with the Devils Canyons as they have lasted 2 seasons now and aren't showing any signs of blowing out on me yet. BOA systems are not anything to be scared of as they are quite easy to repair.

It looks like i will get a forth season out my simms g3 guide boots, the only issue is the treads are wearing down after all the walking on rocks, i was told that simms repair will resole them for $80 if you send them in, i plan on doing this when the time comes as the rest of the boots are in amazing shape for the miles they have on them, they are the most comfortable footwear I've ever worn and I've never for a second regretted purchasing them.