Fly Fusion Forums

Hwy 40 Squatters

• 3 weeks later...

Made a trip through Livingstone and the upper Oldman yesterday (Friday) and although there were many campers, I didn't see any that appeared unattended. I suppose they could still be over the 14 day limit.

Hopefully the recent efforts are working.

Seemed like more trailer traffic going out on the way home, but that would be expected if people have to pull out regularily. A triple axle over Livingstone pass was a surprise! There's a 4-5km stretch that will rattle your fillings out, let alone an RV.

Maybe for another thread but fishing was pretty good with rain showers all day.

• Like 1

UpperOldman...K7....13 unattended RV's!! The guy at K15 or so is STILL there!!!!! ...but no skull and crossbones or Union Jack flying!!

The ones at K7 were there on the weekend - I mean the people were there. Guessing a lot of people timed it out so they'd have their spots for the long weekend coming up. It's amazing the size of some of the RV villages you see up there and up the Dutch road, especially the further up you get.

Found a note on a camper door, stating "payment" for renting the trailer was inside, it was being run as a "arbnb" picked up the note took it to the CO at Beauvais Lake , they were very interested, allegedly the trailer owner had another property they were renting !!!!

Same place as my last post on permanent campers took place.. Sigh, also had a group of Millennials move in next door to us and spark up a "Gas Lawn Mower" at 2200hrs (10 pm) to mow a place for them to build a fire... with no fire ring of stones... sigh

the Castle area is beautiful but the people are ugly...

BTW - NOTE: In case you're wondering you are not allowed to mow the grass of a meadow, or run a commercial accommodation rental in the Castle area.

• Like 4