Fly Fusion Forums

Hwy 40 Squatters

Marc,

Not sure if you will know the answer to this or not, or maybe someone else can chime in... What prevents someone from just moving their rig 2' to the right or left, as opposed to having to leave the area entirely?! I'm sure this info is somewhere on the inter web and as soon as I press POST, I will seek it out ;)

P

That's what I said. She mentioned the reaction was not quite the same from many of the RVers :D

Yeah did a quick search and I am unable to find that specific info on any of the AEP sites...

I'll continue to look, but if you have a specific link that would be cool!!

P

The law is that they must vacate the area for 72 hours once the 2 weeks is up.

When we headed up on Suday we saw a big mega towtruck heading up. Will be a boon for the local towing companies. They have summertime and temperary CO's on working on this. There is funded for towing. Long overdue enforcement is starting to happen. What they are trying to say is the Public land is there for everyone not just first come. Talking to a CO they are recording locations and taking pictures of units.

• Like 1

This is the best thing i've heard in a LONGGGGG time. Tow 'em all to the big flat on the SE side of the Maycroft rd Hwy 40 junction. Pack 'em in nice and tight. Put on a coupler lock. Want it back? Sign here. Agree that next time is a 3 month confiscation.

Can't wait to hear all the wha wha wha about ruining somebody's summer long vacation or some such BS. Awwwwwwwww. Jee that's too bad, ya selfish d.head.

• Like 2

FINALLY!!! Last year was the worst.. headed out with the family on a Tuesday to stay for the week and ensure we get a good spot. Counted 3 units left on premium river side spots within 2km.. no one there all week...they will be here on the weekend right? That's a NO, weather was crap so none of them showed up on the weekend either.. wrote letters to each of them and left stuck to the trailer doors on the Sunday we left. Key word SELFISH!

Came back the next weekend, 2 of the units where still there letters still attached! No one there for nearly 2 weeks..

Gets my blood boiling like nothing else..

Was out fishing the area on the weekend and ran into a CO who was giving RVers their 2 week notices. She was posting notices on the RV doors if they were absent and noting plates, descriptions, etc. Seems like enforcement on the eastern slopes is taking another step in the right direction.

Great news!

I heard the same. A bunch were ticketed on Racehorse. The squatters will be choked. They have come to expect no enforcement and some have been in the same spot for 10 years.

Up until last year SRD were to enforce random camping regulations. (length of stay, permanent structures etc) but now the CO's are enforcing. It's about time.

It was put away for ALL Albertans and who are they to hog the nice sites for 4 months!!

I wish I knew what the fines were..I bet they total less than my 4 month stay at a seasonal site at Dutch.

• Like 4

I heard the same. A bunch were ticketed on Racehorse. The squatters will be choked. They have come to expect no enforcement and some have been in the same spot for 10 years.

Up until last year SRD were to enforce random camping regulations. (length of stay, permanent structures etc) but now the CO's are enforcing. It's about time.

It was put away for ALL Albertans and who are they to hog the nice sites for 4 months!!

I wish I knew what the fines were..I bet they total less than my 4 month stay at a seasonal site at Dutch.

10 yrs hell, I know of one spot on the NW branch road that been summer occupied by the same bunch for 25 yrs or more. You may know it by british ensign and jolly roger flags they flew.

The fact that they are allowed to leave their trailers up and leave is complete bs the two week time period is fine but what stops them from coming up on the weekend and leaving home for the work week and coming up for the next weekend prior to having to pull out. When you leave you should have to take your trailer with you. All teailers vacant for longer than 48hrs should be ticketed on a daily basis until removed. Just my thoughts

• Like 6

This is great news!!!!

I would still like to see a pay to play system. Force folk to buy a random 14 day camping permit. This will need to be displayed on each trailer. Then set up zones so you would have to buy a permit for the zone you want. After the permit expires you cannot buy another permit in the same zone or the zone next door. You'll have to be at least two zones away. Or be away from a zone for 14 days before you can return to the same zone. All funds collected go to enforcement and running of the program.

I hate to see more Gov but once the resource has been abused for so long then something has to give.

My 2c

• Like 9

This is great news!!!!

I would still like to see a pay to play system. Force folk to buy a random 14 day camping permit. This will need to be displayed on each trailer. Then set up zones so you would have to buy a permit for the zone you want. After the permit expires your trailer will be burnt to the ground unless you vacate. You'll have to be at least two zones away. Or be away from a zone for 14 days before you can return to the same zone. All funds collected go to enforcement and running of the program.

I hate to see more Gov but once the resource has been abused for so long then something has to give.

My 2c

Fixed for you.

• Like 4

This is great news!!!!

I would still like to see a pay to play system. Force folk to buy a random 14 day camping permit. This will need to be displayed on each trailer. Then set up zones so you would have to buy a permit for the zone you want. After the permit expires you cannot buy another permit in the same zone or the zone next door. You'll have to be at least two zones away. Or be away from a zone for 14 days before you can return to the same zone. All funds collected go to enforcement and running of the program.

My 2c

The problem is they can't even understand "move your trailer" let alone a complex permit system like this!

Don...From what I have been told. random camping regulation enforcement has been changed from "forestry" (SRD) to the CO's. I even heard they had 20 CO's down south but that seems hard to believe. Anyway's something is being done finally and I applaud it.