Fly Fusion Forums

Protip: When Fishing, Do Not Forget Your Waders At Home

Don't be like me. I drove out to the Highwood last night to camp, hoping to get an early start on opening day. I arose, bright-eyed and bushy tailed, with visions of cooperative cutthroats and perhaps a rainbow or bull trout dancing in my head. When I opened my bag, what did I see, but no pair of waders looking at me.

I tried to make the best of it, but it was way too cold to wet wade. I did some exploring all around Kananaskis instead, and caught a couple of tiny brook trout on a new stream with a little fiberglass rod in howling winds. Nonetheless, it was not the day I had in mind.

I hope you all do better than me, and don't forget your waders.

• Like 2

Last weekend I brought the camp stove to have a few hot dogs for lunch. Brought the fuel and the stove. No lighter..... Luckily I ran into someone I know on the river. Saved me from having an hangry fiance for the rest of the day!

Last weekend I brought the camp stove to have a few hot dogs for lunch. Brought the fuel and the stove. No lighter..... Luckily I ran into someone I know on the river. Saved me from having an hangry fiance for the rest of the day!

Remember that time we drove out to Upper K and we realized you didn't bring any rods until we hit the Sibbald turnoff?

Went on a bone fishing trip with a buddy. He had all his gear till he assembled his gear the first day and noticed that the #8 weight reel was in fact his 6 weight reel complete with freshwater floating line. Thanks goodness for back up gear.

• 2 weeks later...