Fly Fusion Forums

Hardy Rod Warranty

I sent an angel, U.K. Made in last season.

I contacted I believe warranty.

I guess they made in as painless as possible, was in contact with them a few times & they seem to know what was happening at all times.

The cost was way more than I liked, about $275 plus the shipping to get it there.

If your rod is not made in uk should cost less.

Considering they probably got one of the old farts to build up a couple new sections it was quick turn around. About a month start to finish.

No I didn't go through a shop.

Hardy has been bought by Pure Fishing. I needed a replacement part for a Hardy reel a few months ago. I called and spoke to a receptionist (sounded more like an answering service rather than the actual company) and also left a message on their web site. Took about a week before I got a response. I finally got what I needed but it was anything but fast and I shudder to think of how long it would have taken if I had to ship them the reel or a rod. To their credit, they did send the part by courier so things did move fast at the end. Maybe just growing pains for a new company, but not what I would have expected from Hardy. I will think twice about buying Hardy again, in spite of loving the reels I have from them.

The experience was very different when I broke a rod tip and called Sage. I spoke directly to someone who helped to get the repair moving immediately.

• Like 1