Fly Fusion Forums

Windows 10, What Do You Think?

For those of you using Outlook Windows 10, what is your opinion of it. I find their relentless pop ups and attempted auto downloads to be almost harassment and a dirty business approach.. My better half did an update of outlook and the next thing you know, Windows 10 was downloaded and she is having problems since. I have not heard good things about it and am very hesitant to download the product. Shame on you Outlook.

Last guy that said to me, "Shoulda got a Mac!" lost his Mac hard drive a few months later. Brought a warm sense of schadenfreude oer my inner being. ☺☺ Apple and Whole Foods are mere fashion statements like BC said. I suppose folks who bought the latest iPhone S6 something are already lined up for the next iPhone S7. ☺

In all fairness, Macs are good computers, but terribly over priced and no more reliable than most decent PCs.

What was the question? Oh yeah, Win 10.

MS, Win 10 and I are not BFFs ... overall Win 10 was fine until I got "critical error" on the Start menu...which is well documented fault and has affected thousands of computers starting last year and there has been no patch offered. So far, the error has not affected what I can do, but gimme a break MS. Fix the damn glitch.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that fishinglivin.....Windows 8 was awkward to use and not hearing any rave reviews on Windows 10 from my IT department at work either. They use the term "unstable"

No critical errors on my Macbook Pro and the Yosemite OS. Apple provides Free OS upgrades (that work and are not buggy). Bought it in 2010, Runs like a top!

I've got a smoking computer top of the line that i use for mainly gaming and a few fishing forums. I ordered it with window 7 64 bit. So after been bugged repeatedly to upgrade to windows 10 I finally did and am glad i did. Its twice the computer it was. But I think its because its a newer top of the line machine with all the bells and whistles and windows 10 takes advantage of that fact better than the older OS did.

• Like 1

Linux for the win....

I am not a huge fan of Windows 10 from the little I have used it.

Currently running Win 7 and office 365 at work and have been enjoying both products.

always like Windows 7.

• Like 1

I had been a Mac guy for about 5-6 years with very few issues with my iMac and iOS. Recently built a PC for various reasons (not the least of which was cost) and loaded it with Windows 10/Office 2016. It has only been 3 months but so far I've found it to be absolutely stable, and issue free and every bit as functional and unobtrusive as my experience with my iMac...very happy so far!

I guess we'll see how it's working a year or two from now but for now I'm not planning on switching back any time soon.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Linux for the win....

I am not a huge fan of Windows 10 from the little I have used it.

Currently running Win 7 and office 365 at work and have been enjoying both products.

always like Windows 7.

Linux has been my primary OS for almost 20 years. I have kept a windows partition for games and those niggly work-related MS Office tasks.

I upgraded to Windows 10. Once I disabled all the usage 'improvements', I have found it every bit as useful and stable as win7. In addition, I think it looks a little crisper and cleaner. I was very reluctant to upgrade, but I find it at least as good as Win7. With the the native support for Ubuntu BASH shell, I am finding it very familiar.

OP if you have standard hardware and very few peripherals, I would recommend the upgrade. The more 'stuff' (scanners, printers, USB hubs, external sound cards, etc), the more likely you will have a bad experience.

• Like 1

.... The more 'stuff' (scanners, printers, USB hubs, external sound cards, etc), the more likely you will have a bad experience.

Seriously ?? I think most of us have numerous peripherals attached to our machines.

Friggin MS.... Get your sheit together..

I had 'reserved' a copy, but haven't installed it yet (thankfully). I think I will pass on the 'upgrade' and wait for the next version.

Seriously ?? I think most of us have numerous peripherals attached to our machines.

Friggin MS.... Get your sheit together..

I had 'reserved' a copy, but haven't installed it yet (thankfully). I think I will pass on the 'upgrade' and wait for the next version.

The windows 10 upgrade is free until 19 July (or something like that).

When you do the upgrade, simply unplug all the stuff. Just keep the mouse, monitor, internet, keyboard, and sound. Do the upgrade. Download and install any updates. Start plugging in peripherals 1 by 1---wait for windows to detect the item and install drivers/software. You will know if something glitches

I understand the frustration with MS, but when you consider the incredible diversity of hardware Windows operates with, it is pretty impressive.

I've got 4 machines upgraded and running Win10 for months now. The only issue has been on a my work tablet, Chrome continually froze, Uninstalled Chrome and downloaded FireFox and no issues since.