Fly Fusion Forums

Graves Bridge - No More Warnings, Just Fines

I thought they had that gate locked just did a drive by one suv on the north side and a bunch of street legal dirt bikes burning around the gravel I guess it's really just a matter of time before it gets welded shut.im going to have to A inflatable raft just to fish the city what a bunch of bs

Phone city Bylaws - 311. Although they have no jurisdiction on the gravel bar, that can ticket as they leave the the grave bar and enter city property. The ramp is city property. City Administration has requested the Bylaws patrol the area more frequently.

The other option is to take a photo with licence plates and post it on this site and or send it to AEP and the city.

• 4 weeks later...

City Parks Cautions Graves Bridge Gravel Bar Abusers!

Graves Bridge

There is a hard boat launch underneath the Graves Bridge, where Glenmore Trail crosses the Bow River. The 2013 flood significantly changed the riverbank in this area. There is now a large gravel bank between the water and the boat ramp. There have been multiple reports of vehicles driving into the river and along the gravel bar. According to Alberta Environment and Parks, anyone doing this can face fines, Under the Public Lands Act, ranging from $250 up to $25,000.

Our rivers are important ecosystems. Vehicles can introduce oil, gasoline and other pollutants, or create harmful ruts and erosion problems that affect these sensitive areas. To prevent this type of activity, a gate was installed at the Graves Bridge access site. Because we realize that many responsible boaters rely on the Graves Bridge site for river access, the gate will remain open at this time. However, we will monitor the situation, and the gate may be closed and locked if misuse of the gravel bar and river continues. See link for more details

http://www.calgary.ca/CSPS/Parks/Pages/River-Access.aspx?redirect=/riveraccess

• Like 1

4 trucks on the bar when I drove past today so I dialed it up to RAP. Officer called me back from site and was trying to get everyone off. He said there were a lot of folks really reluctant to move.

The more this gets abused the faster it gets locked. Hopefully they get the hint at some point.

Not sure why the officer was being a pansy!! He needs to issue them fines, which is within his power?!

4 trucks on the bar when I drove past today so I dialed it up to RAP. Officer called me back from site and was trying to get everyone off. He said there were a lot of folks really reluctant to move.

The more this gets abused the faster it gets locked. Hopefully they get the hint at some point.

• Like 1