Fly Fusion Forums

Gutsy Walk 2016

All,

I have been relatively silent about my battle with Ulcerative Colitis except a few hints at some health issues over the last couple of years. Well 3.5 years ago I was diagnosed with UC after being sick for only 2 months. 6 months later I was in for emergency surgery and had my entire colon removed. Over the next 3 years I had 4 more surgeries (1 emergency oops surgery after a failure in one) to fashion a j-pouch out of my small intestine (j-pouch is built to act like a colon, but smaller and less capacity). I am happy to say it has been 6 months since my last surgery to go from a temporary ostomy to a j-pouch. It is still a battle but I am stronger then I have been in years.

It is sad when I see how many people are actually affect by Crohns or Colitis. I am sure you know someone. I understand there are a lot of hardships going out there with the economy the devastation going on up north. If you can spare a donation it would be hugely appreciated but that is not the only reason I am posting this. It is difficult for some to talk about the disease and I wanted to offer my experience if you want to talk. I am an open book and no topic is off limit when it comes to this. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Stay strong! Thanks for your help. #nocolonstillrollin

Here is a link to my fundraising page:

https://crohnsandcolitiscanada.akaraisin.com/GutsyWalk2016/ChrisBrandt

Thanks,

Chris

• Like 1