Fly Fusion Forums

Ms Auction 2016

Ok folks, here are the first items for the 2016 MS Auction! These will close next Monday at 9 PM. So any bid after 8:59:59 is too late.

Item 1:

A Jerky Smorgasbord from Oberto donated by Sage. Included is a very nice Ogio backpack, features pictured below. It is a perfect laptop type backpack. It is packed with 5 Packs of Jerky:1 Pork 1 BBQ Pork, 1 Hawaiian Pork, 1 Beef, 1 Teriyaki Beef, and 1 Bacon (!!!!). Also included is an umbrella and sunglasses all pictured below. $150 value.

20160504_194127_zps2b8wjs3o.jpg

20160504_194047_zpspt2gle5u.jpg

20160504_194202_zpslaqtxjzv.jpg

20160504_194226_zpslvizokgf.jpg

Item 2:

A Guided Bow River Float trip donated by Hanson's Outfitters. This is a full day float and lunch will be provided. Trip date on a mutually acceptable date, and you will meet at the "river house" which is right on the Bow on the end of the road past Policeman's flats. This is good for one or two anglers.

Item 3:

Fishing trip into Maligne Lake in Jasper hosted by Creekside (I've always wanted to do this trip!)

Maligne lake - rainbows and brookies. Most of the brookies will be in the 16-18" range. Rainbows 14" - 22" range. Excellent sight fishing early in the season.

Trip will be available for only the month of June and the first week of July after that I'll be out of the Province. Any day of the week but preferably mid week (get real busy on the weekends).

Pick up angler at around 6:00 am. Drive up to Maligne (lots of wildlife) early in the morning. .

Angler requires own basic gear I'll supply all flies if needed. If they own mini spey or switch rods in the 4-6 line weights they should bring them along, easier to fish then a standard single handed rod.

Angler will need to provide lunch and beverages.

Usually back in town around 4:00pm.

Item 4:

Bow River trip hosted by myself. We can do it as a walk and wade, or float in pontoon boats. I can supply transportation and boats. If the winner chooses the pontoon option we can either self shuttle or split shuttle fees. I will supply lunch. Time and date to be mutually agreed upon, but I might suggest in early July post runoff. Just sayin... What I lack in fishing knowledge I generally more than make up for in unintentional comedy and story telling, whether the winner wants it or not. All kidding aside, if the winner is somewhat new to fishing I do have some knowledge I've stolen from many of the much more accomplished anglers on this board that I can try to pass on.

Thanks everyone! Winners are:

BigFoamy on the Jerky and Backpack (total steal!). I have the goods at my house. PM me to arrange pickup

Sage for the Float trip. Contact Hansons, ask for Trevor and tell him you won the auction

Smitty for the Jasper trip (as always, you really can pick the trip!). Contact Creekside to arrange time and date

PeteZahut on my trip. PM me to arrange.

Winners: Please donate to my site as soon as you can. Anyone else who'd like to donate would be greatly appreciated. It is a great cause and a personal one for me.

http://mssoc.convio.net/site/TR/BikeTour/AlbertaandNorthwestTerritoriesDivision?px=1292843&pg=personal&fr_id=4894&s_locale=en_CA

I am heading out of the country for a bit starting this weekend (lookout bonefish). I'll run another of these when I get back.

• Like 1

^^ Will do. Thanks Rick for supporting the MS Society and putting together this auction!

BigFoamy did you EVER get a steal....the Jerky alone is $35 and Ogio will be last backpack you buy (lifetime warranty on pack including zippers)

• 4 weeks later...

Just some follow up on the Hanson Float Trip.

My dad and I floated yesterday with Aiden Hanson..... had fantastic day!

What an absolutely great guy. Young, PATIENT, knows how to find fish, BBQ smokies shore lunch was great helping with technique when asked. Just great day thanks to Aiden!

• Like 2