Fly Fusion Forums

Fort Mac Fire

God bless all the people of Fort MacMurray and keep them safe, especially the children. We have friends heading down to stay with us. Terrible thing for a City that has helped us and all of Canada make hay in good times. Proud of the work our emergency workers are doing there.

• Like 8

Chatting with friends who got caught working up there I guess it's quite chaotic. I also learned today the mill in High Level caught fire, and there is now another fire near Lac Ste Anne. Buckle in boys, I think we're in for a lot of it this year.

Is there anyone on here from Ft Mac who's staying in Calgary and wants to get on the water for a bit to relieve stress? I've got a 5wt outfit I could lend out.

I've got lots here as well, waders, rods, flies what ever you could need.

Colin

• Like 1

I have a buddy from Fort Mac who arrived in Calgary now. His house was one of the ones burned to the ground. He lost everything. He had lost his job on the patch and had two kids. It's so sad. I gave him all the cash I could in my bank account. I offered him and his family to stay st my house as long as needed as well. He was thankful.

It's so unfair and really puts things into perspective.

• Like 1

Personally after the way the government has treated me in the last month.; i could give two shits about fort mac or any other city in this *hit hole. its great entertainment I cant wait for alberta's next disaster. all have another good laugh when it happens

Personally after the way the government has treated me in the last month.; i could give two shits about fort mac or any other city in this *hit hole. its great entertainment I cant wait for alberta's next disaster. all have another good laugh when it happens

Good morning Tracy. Can I get you a cup of coffee?