Fly Fusion Forums

Small Boat Accessible Lakes Or Pond

I assume based out of Calgary? You still want to fish?

Not exactly an area I'm totally familiar with for that part of the province. I'm tempted to tell you Bullshead or Upper / Lower K. But the winds can really get at those lakes.

Maybe Wedge pond or Gap lake near Exshaw? Or, if you want to do the longer drive, Lees lake or Beaver Mines in the Crowsnest pass?

There's probably a dozen stocked ponds close to Calgary, but I am not too familiar with them. I assume for paddling you are trying to keep it smallish.

Mike

I would suggest Lee's Lake as well especially if your daughter is young. Lots of fish so she won't get bored. Can get windy but you can find spots out of the wind. You can slowly troll pretty much any small nymph or streamer/leech and get fish. Chironomids work well here too.

Don't know about the boat launch, gonna guess yes.

https://goo.gl/photos/c2WqiMEgCTkcBbMd9

I went there last year in September. The boat launch was fine. I have a Hyde and didn't have a problem with the boat/trailer at the launch.

It ended up being super windy. But like the previous comment. You can find a way to get out of the wind. Fishing was good. Found a steep drop off and the fish were up for my leech. Nothing big. But many of them. Kept the fiance happy.