Fly Fusion Forums

Anyone Want To Share A Canoe?

I pontificate this at length on the "redneck" forum, but I will keep it simple here:

Fed up with trying to find freighter canoe rentals in the province. No one does it.

Got 4 nights booked camping at Maligne.

Can't really justify the cost of a freighter canoe that I only use for one damn lake in this province.

Anyone want to embrace the 21st century mantra of the sharing economy and buy a canoe with me? I already have the motor and batteries.

Used ones on Kijiji are going for $2000 (I am talking about at least an 18 foot, square stern, wide, stable canoe). Anyone want to do halfsies or thirds even?

Bueller? :)

Pm me if interested.

Smitty

Check with Online Sport and Tackle in Jasper, I think they rent freighters at the lake. Worth checking with Maligne Tours as well.

Appreciate the advice, but it's no on all of them. Maligne Tours has a crappy freighter - and I do mean crappy - and all the businesses in town, Source, Curries, Online, have all gotten out of the business of renting decent freighter canoes. They rent boats, none of which are even close to being appropriate for a multi-day excursion.

Cheers!

Hello Smitty,

I've rented the cedar-strip freighter canoe from Curries a couple of years ago, it's a decent canoe big enough for 3 people. Last year i was out on Maligne and i'm pretty sure it's still out there.

Greetz,

Tom

Tom:

Haven't heard back from Curries. Source for Sports used to be the booking agent, but they got out of the game. So unless Curries is doing the bookings directly, I think it's up in the air. Yeah, I used their canoe last year too. It was quite suitable.

Mike

Hello Smitty,

I've rented the cedar-strip freighter canoe from Curries a couple of years ago, it's a decent canoe big enough for 3 people. Last year i was out on Maligne and i'm pretty sure it's still out there.

Greetz,

Tom

Tom:

I phoned again; you were right! What a relief. So Curries is just handling the rentals themselves.

In the process of renting the canoe.

Still gonna look for deal, but its nice to have the pressure off.

Thanks for the replies everyone. BBT, I'll still reach out to your brother.

Mike

good to read that you can still rent the canoe on Maligne. I hope you'll have a great trip with good fishing. I'll be fishing there in july again, so some feedback from your trip would be appreciated 😬

Grtzzz

Hello Ray,

You must be looking forward to opening day, especially with the knowledge that the ice will be gone. Must be nice to be able to fish Maligne as soon as it opens.

Greetzzz,

Tom

Yup can't wait. Only will have one day at opening than off to las vegas to see santana. I typically wait a a week or so after ice out than hit her hard till july. This year may be different, never seen so many bows spawning this early in the year.

I pontificate this at length on the "redneck" forum, but I will keep it simple here:

Fed up with trying to find freighter canoe rentals in the province. No one does it.

Got 4 nights booked camping at Maligne.

Can't really justify the cost of a freighter canoe that I only use for one damn lake in this province.

Anyone want to embrace the 21st century mantra of the sharing economy and buy a canoe with me? I already have the motor and batteries.

Used ones on Kijiji are going for $2000 (I am talking about at least an 18 foot, square stern, wide, stable canoe). Anyone want to do halfsies or thirds even?

Bueller? :)

Pm me if interested.

Smitty

One for sale on Alberta Outdoorsman. Tried personal message but was not allowed. It's in the boats and motors for sale section.

Yup can't wait. Only will have one day at opening than off to las vegas to see santana. I typically wait a a week or so after ice out than hit her hard till july. This year may be different, never seen so many bows spawning this early in the year.

Sounds good Ray, good fishing and good music! Hopefully i can come to Canada earlier in the season in the future for some killer chironomid fishing on Maligne. I'm looking forward to this summer, i bought a small 18 lbs thrust motor for my floattube so i can get out further on the lake. Have fun in Vegas and maybe i'll see you out on Maligne.

Greetz,

Tom