Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing Net Retractor

Interesting product, however, I'm not sure it will necessarily solve your problem. I use a magnetic release net holder, and usually if I encounter a problem walking through the bush, it's the net bag that gets caught up in the tree branches, not the cord. Anyway, if you find one, let us all know if it works for you.

Interesting product, however, I'm not sure it will necessarily solve your problem. I use a magnetic release net holder, and usually if I encounter a problem walking through the bush, it's the net bag that gets caught up in the tree branches, not the cord. Anyway, if you find one, let us all know if it works for you.

This is my experience too. I have a magentic release, and the net it's self is what causes all my troubles with snags.

I have a wading stick holster strapped onto my wading belt and a lot of times the cord gets wrapped around that. I agree that the net is usually the culprit when snagging tree limbs, but this product has a lock where it won't retract at all when snagged. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure what would give first in that situation, the tree limb or the retractor itself... Ha!!

If I left my net at home and I was trying to land a tank of a fish on a 12 foot leader with a indicator I'd be kicking myself. I believe in bringing in a fish as fast as I can and if a net helps to do that then I would wish it was with me.

Yes, you can argue it the other way. A net takes the slime off a fish. But I think the stress a fish goes through being hooked is more traumatic than removing it's protective slime.

What are you asking Monger?