Fly Fusion Forums

Community Lake Tourney!

What about a Community Lake Tourney? I believe we have lakes and people looking for fun. 4 man trips, 2 per boat kinda thing. head to head, total numbers and size?? different lake per week or month?? I could do Mckenzie lake, i believe russc is also a mckenzie lake guy and may be interested. Could maybe do an out of town overnighter, drink some beer eh :)

Anyone interested? I know it was tried on the river like a "match play" scenario but, dont know how that ever worked out. I would be willing to give this a shot if people are interested.

BF

Sounds fun!

Haven't had much experience with city lakes, but would be interested in getting out there...and I have a small boat.

Do any of the community lakes not require the person fishing be a resident (or a guest of a resident)?

Thanks,

EM

Yes Im sure they would all require a person with a membership. Thats why we would need people living in lake communities to step up and take people out.

4 lakes = 16 or however many there are, including the membership person. I would commit to 4 trips, taking 3 different people/per over the course of the season. Would have to cap the number as each person will have to fish each lake. We get boats for 2 hrs at a time at Mckenzie so that would be the time slot there, it could very from lake to lake.

This could be tough with liability of multiple boats being on the lake. I know at auburn a resident is supposed to be required to be in a boat but not sure if thats extended to privately owned boats. Would probably need to be something run thru the residents association. I dB we get some interest here ill inquire.

This could be tough with liability of multiple boats being on the lake. I know at auburn a resident is supposed to be required to be in a boat but not sure if thats extended to privately owned boats. Would probably need to be something run thru the residents association. I dB we get some interest here ill inquire.

Im thinking you only have to take two bots at a time. over a period of the season you make 2/3/4 trips depending. On a particular day you could have yourself and three others at wherever you are and i could have myself and three others at my lake and so on. Then you switch lakes. I was going to more or less work it where i was just taking three buddies out.

Anyways, there been around 115 looks with two comments that arent mine so I'm guessing it wont fly anyways.

Well if it doesnt id be interested in trading days depending on schedule. Either way i have a 14 ft jon boat that i could put in wherever its allowed, ive had it in auburn and mindapore before. Is there anywhere thats known for big fish? Or id love to hit some brookies given the chance....

Well if it doesnt id be interested in trading days depending on schedule. Either way i have a 14 ft jon boat that i could put in wherever its allowed, ive had it in auburn and mindapore before. Is there anywhere thats known for big fish? Or id love to hit some brookies given the chance....

Sounds good, i'll take you out sometime.

This sounds interesting, I have heard that at Bonavista only resident cardholders are allowed to fish. This came from a fellow I work with that is a resident. He said one card, one fishing rod in the gate. Not sure about other community lakes, but I wouldn't mind trading some days with others looking to try out a different community lake. By the way the boats go in the water tomorrow (April 1) at Mckenzie. I may have to go and warm up the casting arm tomorrow.

This sounds interesting, I have heard that at Bonavista only resident cardholders are allowed to fish. This came from a fellow I work with that is a resident. He said one card, one fishing rod in the gate. Not sure about other community lakes, but I wouldn't mind trading some days with others looking to try out a different community lake. By the way the boats go in the water tomorrow (April 1) at Mckenzie. I may have to go and warm up the casting arm tomorrow.

I saw your post and went over this evening. Posted a couple pics in photo posts. My son and I are planning to get a boat and head out tomorrow after school. prolly around 2ish

U

I saw your post and went over this evening. Posted a couple pics in photo posts. My son and I are planning to get a boat and head out tomorrow after school. prolly around 2ish

Unfortunately didn't make it over. Had to go to my daughters school to help her with picking out courses for next year. I'm hoping Sunday or Monday to get out and try my luck. If you made it out how did it go?

U Unfortunately didn't make it over. Had to go to my daughters school to help her with picking out courses for next year. I'm hoping Sunday or Monday to get out and try my luck. If you made it out how did it go?

It was good once we got a boat off the rack and into the water. Everything was ready except they didn't put the boats out. Fishing was good, got lots between the three of us!!

It was good once we got a boat off the rack and into the water. Everything was ready except they didn't put the boats out. Fishing was good, got lots between the three of us!!

Any fish larger than 15-16 inches?