SilverDoctor

Reminder - Buy Your Fishing Licenes Before April 1

Greetings All,

Just a heads up to remember to buy a new Sportfishing license before the deadline. There are less than 2 weeks till your 2015 one expires. Either drop into an outlet that sells them or buy them online here. If you like to buy at an outlet the link does have a search app to find your nearest outlet. Buying online allows you to print out multiple copies and avoids a replacement cost if lost or damaged. Please read and know your regulations.

Remember you do need a current WIN card to buy a Licence. The funds go to protecting our fisheries, the Alberta Conservation Association, fish habitat & paying the F & W officers for their very hard work afield.

Our new season is quickly approaching, have fun out there and report any suspicious activity, poaching or environmental damage. Please report any illegal activities out there including poaching.

keep safe out there.

ReportAPoacherLogoBW_zpsyhlyv2di.gif

• Like 3

Thanks Lornce!

What a great idea, I printed a few for my fly bag, truck, wallet (in plastic), packsack, and one extra! Just in case I am walking, wading, boating, or perhaps swimming from falling in the river!

Thanks for the heads up!

Cgyguy

• Like 1

Please remember that if you buy online, a printed version is a legal version. A copy on your phone dsesn't work.

Check that, printed and signed!!

Please remember that if you buy online, a printed version is a legal version. A copy on your phone dsesn't work.

Can I laminate it for obvious reasons?

I do print mine, but not sure why they would be so sticky about the printed thing. If you print it, sign it, and scan it back as a pdf, what difference does it really make? Maybe they could carry retinal or fingerprint scanners... big brother is watching ;)

You'd have to be a giant prick to make a CO go after you for this, or be actively breaking the law in some other form. I've had multiple ones check me in BC on classified waters, and all I have is the license on my phone. Same deal that technically it's not legal, but they know you went out and bought one.

I was looking on the website and couldn't find where it said that it needed to be printed (could be there, I just couldn't find it). On the licence it says it needs to be with you at all times. Has anyone actually asked a CO if a signed digital copy is ok?

Printing is no big deal, but it would be nice to know.

I always print and put them in a ziplock in my fishing tool bag. Since I never carry a phone and have a tendency to do the dog paddle every once and a while.

License?

What's that?

Maybe TerryH knows ... of course it has been YEARS since he needed one.

:P

Clive

PS: Would gladly pay for a license in my twilight years.Just funnin'

• Like 1

If I am visiting from the US and only fish for trout on the Bow for 4 hours which license should I get?

I checked the mywildalberta.com and kinda confused with the WIN, Walleye license? Do I have to get them all in order to fish?

thanks,

You'll need a Wildlife Identification Number (WIN) to purchase any license so get that. Then you can purchase a 1-day license as a non-resident from outside Canada.

Cheers

• Like 1

thank you, I bought a 1 day license hopefully i can use it.

• Like 1

A license what's that! 😱

Wait a minuit now I remember 😜 that's a thing of the past!

Yep for some of us. Still feel guilty at times not having to buy one one... but it passes quick.

The new Regulations are out for 2019 Here

Don't forget to pick up a new sportfishing fishing license.

• Like 1